The last 2 months have been jam packed with fun activities both inside and outside of the studio.
- Ines Lino Massage Therapist showed us how to bring magic to the body through a combination of Shiatsu and Thai Massage.
- I was invited to teach Yoga at the MakeSense Lisbon Unconference, an awesome group connecting Social Entrepreneurs, check out a snippet of their work here: https://youtu.be/iPSv1pqFKhk
- Together with Zunka we launched a monthly Women’s Circle to cultivate positive connections in Lisbon (English speaking), it’s been so popular it is currently booked out months in advance.
- We got all funky and upsidedown in an Inversion Workshop 19th November
- Lastly but not least the weekend just passed we were invited to share a Womens Circle at Lisbon Yoga Festival lisbonyogafestival.com the weekend was full of yoga, food and philosophy.
Now in December we begin to wind down for the year…..
Our special end of year event for 2016 is FREE!!!! 108 Oms Chanting 21st December 20:00-21:00, amazing vibrations to be felt on the eve of winter solstice. To register email firstname.lastname@example.org
The last regular class held on Friday 23rd will be Vinyasa & Vinho 18:30-20:00 (normal class pricing applies/memberships included)
Important Dates for Studio Closure (all are updated on the booking app/site):
Public Holidays: 8th December
Christmas Closure: 24th December- January 4th 2017
Subscribe to our Facebook events to be kept up to date with January and beyond activities, including our 1 year (free) anniversary yoga party!
A fabulous opportunity has come about to spend time and learn from Ines Lino (Massage Therapist) right here in the MOY Studio Lisboa.
Have you ever wanted to improve how you give massages to your loved one/friend/family? or perhaps looking to receive a nice massage from a loved one? These 2 workshops have been designed with you in mind, to connect and unwind over 75mins.
Bringing Traditional Thai Massage, Shiatsu and Oriental Oil Massage together :
Whether it’s by the use of stretching, rubbing or pressuring, these workshops will teach you a few key techniques that will help you reconnect and unwind, while getting in touch with tensions or blocked energy points in the body. Not only will you receive the benefits of these ancient techniques, you will also learn how to give.
When and Where:
Workshop 1- September 29th (Thursday) 20:00-21:15 &
Workshop 2- October 1st (Saturday) 15:00-16:15
*please note each workshop will be offering different techniques
MOY Studio (near Rossio): Rua das Portas de Santo Antao 27 andar 1 Lisboa 1150-264
Price for massage techniques:
€15 for 1 workshop (75mins)
€25 for both workshops (2.5hrs)
Registrations and Questions:
Online Booking (Payment made at the studio): Mindbody Online
or email: email@example.com
***Feel free to come along by yourself or bring a friend to pair up with during the practical application***
More information on Ines can be found on our FaceBook Event post
Happy Holidays to all who are jetting off or flying into Lisbon to enjoy time with family and friends. The weather is warm and consistent here in the capital city of Portugal, blue skies, bright sun and many balmy evenings.
There will be a small change to the studio timetable during August with a Public Holiday closure (Assumption Day) 15th August along with closing 2x Saturdays (20th/27th) and 2x Mondays (22nd/29th). The updated timetable will be on the App and Mindbody Online , book in before you turn up to avoid any yoga disappointment.
*Note: those who purchase an August membership will gain 4 yoga days on the end of their month
Other than that the full time table is in place Tuesday to Friday to ensure minimal disruption to your yoga practice.
- 2 x Inversion/Headstand/Handstand Workshop in August.
Saturday 6th August 15:00-17:00 and Wednesday 10th August 13:00-15:00. Information and registration details available here: https://moyportugal.com/events/workshops/
- Yoga Nidra September date TBA (subscribe to our events of FaceBook to stay in the loop)
- Next 21 day yoga challenge will be held October 10th-30th 2016
Studio Closure Summary
August 15th, 20th, 22nd, 27th, 29th
Congratulations to all who participated in International Yoga Day at Carcavelous and the 21 Day Yoga Challenge, you guys are all legends! It’s people uniting that makes these events so special.
Let’s start with a review of April where we initiated the first 21day yoga challenge in the studio which saw the love of yoga expand deeper for new and existing yogi’s. The studio was full of shared energy, concentration, focus, smiles and disciplined yoga practice. Congratulations to all who participated, it’s not easy to put your name forward to attend but once you start, the benefits are endless. If you would like to stay up to date for the next 21 day challenge (beginning 4th July) please subscribe to our events on FaceBook and email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Yoga Inversion Workshop we hosted on 7th May turned out to be the best place in Lisbon! Whilst it poured with rain outside, we stayed dry and put our bodies in all sorts of weird and wonderful places. With almost a full studio, we had a blast with yogis from many different yoga backgrounds, countries and journeys. The main thing is that we all took away some new ideas to keep working on during our own practice. Thank you to all who inverted!
A Night of Nidra and Trataka at the end of May came as a welcome practice of the 5th and 6th limbs of Patanjali’s 8 limbs of yoga. Often yoga is thought of as postures (asanas) for the body however it is so much deeper when you explore breath, meditation and mindfulness. Looking forward to sharing another Nidra Night with you.
What’s Coming Next????….
- International Yoga Day Tuesday June 21st Free Event… details to be provided on FaceBook- Ministry of Yoga
- New online class booking system to launch in June
- 21 Day Challenge commencing July 4th – See Events tab for more information
- Inversions level 1 July 30th – See Events Tab
Public Holidays 10th, 11th 12th, 13th June (Fri to Mon) classes will resume Tuesday 14th
We welcome enquiries on +351 937 237 229 or email@example.com
Olá MOY Members,
Wow how time flies when you’re having fun!!! It has been great to welcome all the new yogis to the studio, sharing their passion and commitment to the practice.
Everything…. However let’s be a little more detailed.
We have commenced weekly Sanskrit learnings on Yamas, Nyamas and Asanas (the first three limbs of Pantanjali’s 8 Limbs of Yoga). This week’s Yama is Aparigraha- nonhoarding/detachment of material possessions. Nobody should be defined by what or how much they own. Our character can be measured through the contribution to a greater, safer and inclusive society. Aparigraha can help individuals release negative thoughts and find an inner contentment, shifting further from external or material pleasures.
Also we have begun working on a Drishti (focus) wall, something to gaze at or contemplate when a little extra support is required. You can add you own words when you arrive or depart the studio, just request the letters. Each week it grows with love and connection to yoga.
WHAT’S NEXT? Announcing some exciting events arising throughout the next 2 months
- LISBON YOGA FESTIVAL. Fabulous bi-annual event where you can taste all kinds of Yoga . I’ll be teaching two classes on 20th March- 10am Power Vinyasa Yoga (90mins) & 12noon Beginners Yoga (50mins) Would love to see you there? Check out the full schedule here: http://www.lisbonyogafestival.com/
- CHALLENGE! 21 days of yoga commencing Mon 4th- Sun 24th April. Here’s the deal: practice 5 x yoga at the studio, 1 x home practice & 1 x rest day each week for 3 WEEKS! This practice will help break old habits both physically and mentally. Are you ready to give yourself the gift of yoga? More Info online soon, including the prize for 1 lucky winner.
- INVERSION YOGA WORKSHOP Saturday 7th May 2pm-4pm. Get upside down, learn the art of controlled headstands, tripods and begin the preparations for handstand and forearm balances. Life is better standing on your head
Pre-register your interest for the challenge and workshop through email: firstname.lastname@example.org or facebook: Ministryofyoga/facebook
NOTICE OF LISBON PUBLIC HOLIDAYS AND STUDIO CLOSURE
Continue reading “Yoga in Lisboa”
Yes! We are opening on 9th January 2016 in the heart of Lisbon.
Ministry of Yoga comes with the philosophy of accepting all styles of yoga, embracing yoga in all shapes and forms its more about finding what suits and fulfills your needs as a yogi.
The principle teacher, Zoe has studied yoga across Australia, Nepal, India, Sri Lanka and Portugal. Combining East and West styles of yoga practice enabling her to bring a holistic approach to her teachings.
If you have never tried yoga, now is the time . If you have tried, try again you’ll never know the day yoga clicks and becomes a way of life. Benefits are unlimited however those most commonly described are:
- Weight loss and body toning
- Reduced Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- Injury prevention through improved strength and flexibility of muscles and deep tissue fibers
- Reduced neck and back pain especially for those who are engaged in office type work
- Improved sleep patterns
- Increased lung capacity (known to helped runners, swimmers and many other professional athletes)
- Improved posture and balance
Ministry of Yoga welcomes you to try 3 classes for an introductory price of 20 euro (for 3 x 1 hour sessions) a saving of 33%. Stay connected on Facebook: Ministry of Yoga for more news on the opening.