Hello Wonderful Souls and thank you for stopping by our news page!
The leaves have turned and fallen from the trees, Lisbon welcomes in a mild moist winter. We have had the pleasure of a Rocket Immersion lead by Ruby and Kirtan by Leti this month which has brought many smiles and joy to warm the hearts of yogis.
We are delighted that many of our teachers will be spending time with family and friends this year, and with an international teaching crew this means we do need to close the studio for a couple of days. We are closed from Sunday 23rd Dec until 2nd January when we resume a full schedule. All current memberships will be paused for 10days.
Some exciting things are planned by our team for January-March so keep an eye out on our Facebook Events (www.facebook.com/ministryofyoga) and Instagram story @ministryofyoga
Including one of biggest events of the year…. Our 3rd Birthday Festival 12th January 2019
Save the date and come along for donation based classes all day!
For any urgent phone enquiries during this New Year period contact Ruby +351 910 849 792 or email email@example.com
Warm wishes and happy festivities,
Zoe and the MoY Team.
Welcome back to all those who have returned from Summer vacation, welcome to those who have moved to Lisbon, welcome those who are visiting this fabulous city on your travels.
We have returned to our full yoga schedule + more!
- Ruby has begun sharing her knowledge of Rocket Yoga Mondays 10:30hr
- Juliana has set up more morning Vinyasa Flow classes Tuesday and Thursday 9-10hr
- With mornings being so popular in May/June we have doubled the classes and invited Carol and Kit to be on our regular teaching team. We love having more people to learn from.
- Deepa returns to lead Forrest Yoga classes 19th September…… we can’t wait!
- Lauren returned last week to pick up her Kundalini class every Wednesday 20hr
- Rita is back teaching her regular lunchtime slots…. including Ashtanga LED
- Zoe (me) will lead an Inversions Workshop Saturday 15th September with great new techniques from recent trainings in Poland.
- 21 day yoga and healthy eating programme with Zoe & Kris (Yoga Flavours) begins October- with added features, pranayama, mindfulness and yoga guide!
All in all, we are happy to be back on the mat with 28 classes a week to choose from, come chat to us about your yoga needs. From beginner to advanced, whether you are here for 1 week, 1 month or 1 year+, we are happy to help you find your flow, style and teacher!
Zoe and the MoY TeaM
ph: +351 937 237 228
P.S Big shout out to Irene, Erin, Mili and Mel D for helping us over this 2018 Summer Season we couldnt have done it without you all.
Are you trying to book your class via phone call? I promise we are not lying down on the job…. although we do love savasana. I (Zoe) am out of the country studying and my voice recording/forwarding did not work, apologies! However the good news is all of our emails and facebook messages still get through if you need to make a manual booking (rather than the app).
In the meantime the studio remains fully functional with our sensational bunch of yoga teachers. If you need an urgent booking or help you can contact our managers:
- Deepa Bidd (15th-31st July) +351 930 548 867
- Ruby Morris (1st-19th August) +351 910 849 792
The schedule is running at 19 classes per week until 1st September when all the teachers will return from travel, study and rest time. Look out for new classes and styles being included into our timetable, lets grow again!
Also for the month of July we have been hosting an Access Bars professional, Charlene from Harmonize You . Book in until the end of this month (July) to GET YOUR BARS RUN!
Access bars is a technique that releases the electromagnetic charge of thoughts, feelings and emotions holding all the limitations in place over lifetimes and in your body. They delete all of the limiting points of views creating limitation, giving you access to your consciousness. Access bars has assisted thousands of people to change many aspects of their lives. People report better health, ease of sleep, weight loss, better sex and relationships, relief from anxiety, less stress and so much more! A session cost 30euro and available in packs of 3 for a discount.
Contact Charlene to arrange a session of Access Bars: firstname.lastname@example.org
May you all have time of rest during this sunny time of year.
Até a próxima aula (until the next class)
Zoe and The MoY Team
It’s so easy to fall in love with Lisbon in the summer…. or perhaps all year round for those romantics among us. Before we know it will be 30 degrees everyday and many chances to enjoy the seaside and warm nights in the city.
Here at the yoga studio we will maintain a robust schedule so you can book your yoga practice into the day along with trips to the beach and socialising with friends. We also love having new faces, so whether you are here staying for a few days, a week or many moons we welcome you with a smile and a yoga mat. Many travellers have made friends and learnt the best tips of places to eat around town (the local knowledge) after class.
Whats coming this month?
- Saturday 9th June- Fundraising Event We have teamed up with Vamos Ajudar o Martim and Hope into the World to raise funds for Martims ongoing medical and therapy costs. There are 2 donation classes lead by Daniela Cardoso: 10am Yoga Nidra & 3pm Vinyasa flow. The sessions have a min. donation of €8. To register for this special event contact Daniela directly: email@example.com
To find out more about the cause here is Martims Website and FaceBook Event
- Monday 18th June- 21 Day Yoga and Health Eating Programme begins again online and in the studio (you can do a blend or all online). Daily yoga can be hard to commit to but once begun it can change your life. It helps reduce stress, anxiety and improve mood. We know it can be difficult or expensive to practice at a studio everyday so we created videos to help on those days where you are short on time or saving money. In addition you will be supported by an online weekly coaching session and a workbook. To find out more check our facebook event: 21 Day Programme Event
- Thursday 21st June- One of my favourite days of the year! International Yoga Day. Each year to pay homage to our yoga teachers and all those who have come before us, we host a free event 108 Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutations). Whether you can manage 108, 12, 36, 54 we invite you all to be a part of this moving meditation. One will be led at sunrise and one at sunset. For ease this is 7:15am and 7:15pm, we will meet at the studio and walk to a local park to set up our practice- kicking off at 7:30am/pm. If you dont have a yoga mat, register online through our booking app and pick one up for the studio (12 yoga mats available- otherwise bring your own mat)- 108 Sun Salutation Mat Hire
Please note the studio will close for the Lisbon Saints Festival from 12noon Tuesday 12th June to 11am Thursday 14th June. We have added an extra class Tuesday morning 9:30am so we can still get a Vinyasa Flow on before we take off for the holiday.
So many more exciting things lined up for July/August as a number of our teachers will be traveling around the world to absorb new yoga teachings and knowledge to bring back to Lisbon (such as our very own Rocket teacher)! September is looking like a new phase of practice will bloom within the studio…. but I dont want to wish the summer away, lets sit back and enjoy the moment one breath at a time.
Love and warmth to you all,
Zoe and The MoY TeaM
Spring is in the air with Sauca (Cleanliness) and Santosa (Contentment) guiding our dharma talks and satsang at the studio for the beginning of the season. There are many ways to shift impurities of the mind, cleansing jealousy, greed, anger and ego however for me the most powerful way is to practice Pranayama, Asana and Dharana (single focus meditation). Soon the jealousy shifts to inspriation, the greed into contribution to others, anger into a path to change my actions and ego into humbleness to honour all those who have come before me. Purposefully guiding the mind into a space of expanding inner contentment during seated meditation helps me locate this place when I need it most. Cleansing the emotional and mental bodies daily is an important practice just as we wash our physical body in the shower. Everyday we experience new things, some moments leave lasting impressions and imprints, although we cannot change the past we can learn to cleanse the past from things that cause harm to us. Just like showering, you dont do it just once and stay clean forever, a clean kitchen soon turns to mess after a beautiful home cooked meal, the emotional body is designed to get messy and requires to be cleansed. Share with us your methods of cleansing (not the house…. but the emotions!). We hope your spring clean is as deep as ours has been!
The 21 Day Challenge is now available online! Kris Oak and I have joined our passions of yoga and healthy eating to bring you a new lifestyle coaching programme. There is an amazing e-book full of Kris’ vegan recipes and I have recorded 3x 60min yoga practices (Hatha, Yin and Vinyasa flow). However the most important aspect of this programme is the live coaching sessions….. you will have us as your personal yoga and healthy eating coaches for the full 21 days, conducting a group session every wednesday evening 19:30 (GMT) and answering questions in the private FB Group. The programmes first addition starts Monday April 2nd and will be facilitated every 3months. To learn more check out the facebook page Yoga Flavours or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Resident Massage Therapist for April is the marvelous Katharina Harnack offering Ayurvedic Therapies at the studio inbetween class times. Katharina has completed a 140-hour training in Ayurvedic Massage Therapy with Gagori Mitra Gupta in India (certified by the Government of India). She has studied Ayurvedic nutrition, lifestyle and philosophy with Josef Rubin (USA) and has completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training with a focus on Ayurveda with Julie Blumenthal / ISHTA Berlin (Yoga Alliance registered).
Want more information about Katharina and her magic therapies? click here: fb.me/AyurvedicMassageLisbon
Booking a session email: email@example.com or call: +351 934 949 594
Prices: 60 mins – €50, 90 mins – €70, 120 mins – €85
Reflexology (90 mins) – €70
Full body Abhyanga + Reflexology (150 mins) – €100
Lastly we know its been difficult to book some classes with our beautiful little space being booked up in advance, however due to last minute cancellations often we have 2-3 mats available at each practice so dont be shy in turning up and trying your luck….. we do take standby clients and often know 10mins beforehand of late cancellations. Alternatively request a private session that way you’ll have a guaranteed mat, prices start from €40ph.
That’s it for now…. we will be closed Good Friday and Easter Saturday 30th&31st March.
Zoe & the MoY TeaM
Studio Closure dates 23rd Dec-1st Jan (first class back 2nd Jan)
“The best present is to be present, turn up, switch on and show love”
The yoga studio will be closed for a few days over the New Year period however we will return with a super-sized January!
6th January is our 2 year anniversary and we will fill the space with a fun mini-festival “Sublime Saturday” . Opportunities to practice ALL DAY for just a 5euro donation per class. The schedule :
- 9:30am-10:45am Morning Flow and Pranayama with Zoe (*members attend for free)
- 11am-12:15pm Forrest Yoga with Deepa
- 12:30-2pm Introduction to Ashtanga with Rita
- 2:30-4pm Workshop with Kris Oak Holistic Health Coach “Why Eating a Healthy Diet has Never Been More Difficult and How You Can Change that with 5 Easy Steps”
- 4:30pm-5:45pm Flow with Ruby
To register click Here search classes 6th January.
8th January marks the beginning of our 21 day Vrata practice. The festive season can take its toll on the physical and mental body. Why not join us for a reset and personal commitment practice? Details of whats included and how to register: 21 Days of Vrata
Note: A special 2018 collaboration with an International Registered Yoga Teacher Training School (RYTT)
18th March-25th March 2018 Pre and Post Natal (Pregnancy) Yoga Teacher Training Intensive (non-residential) 85hrs- here at Ministry of Yoga Lisbon, Portugal.
This is a limited offer of 7 spaces to current Yoga Teachers looking to advance their knowledge and gain qualification to help women pre and post childbirth. This course is only being held once during 2018 in Portugal through this specific training school. Email Zoe firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to register.
That’s it for us in 2017!
The MoY Team wishes you and your family a wonderful, safe festive season.
As we mover into the cooler months of Lisbon living, why not keep your inner heat glowing with the practise of yoga. The yogic philosophy of Tapas (to burn) is about managing and sustaining your energy, passion, motivation, your inner flame. No need to hibernate in winter, there are ways to keep your mood positive, creativity flowing and general health above the cold season.
We are excited to introduce a fabulous Ashtanga Yoga teacher, Rita Amaral who will be keeping you stay active during your lunch break 13h (1pm) Mondays and Wednesdays as of 4th December 2017. If you have never practiced Ashtanga Mysore style before, Rita will guide you through the primary series helping you gain knowledge and confidence in your journey towards self practise. All experienced Ashtangis also welcome. Instagram; @rita_ashtangayoga
More Winter Warmers Coming your Way:
- The MoY Team can be found at the 5th edition Lisbon Yoga Festival, Deepa will be guiding Forrest Yoga Sat 25th Nov. Zoe will be flowing with a Yin Yang for Freedom of the Heart Sunday 26th Nov. Tickets for the festival are on sale now: www.lisbonyohafestival.com
- Learn to experience the 5th and 6th Limbs of yoga with our meditations on Yoga Nidra and Trataka- Thursday 23rd November 8pm To Book
- Special Event 108 Om Chants (Winter Soltice Event)- 21st December To Book
The summer sun is in full swing in Lisbon this August… loads of yoga, loads of heat, loads of fun!
Looking for a yoga retreat in Portugal?
Each summer Portugal hosts many yoga retreats, it seems the perfect European location for sun, relaxation, water and calmness. I highly recommend trying one for yourself, this week I will be taking a few days out to recharge at a yoga retreat too, hence why you might have noticed the schedule is a little different 16th-21st August. Deepa will be teaching daily Vinyasa classes and Cris will fill in on 8pm Yin Yoga Thursday.
I’ll also be teaching yoga at the O Bosque farm retreat in Alentejo from 15th-18th September 2017. 6 yoga sessions, vegetarian food, options to camp or stay in the homestead, swims in the pool, meditation walks, time for yourself. Deepen your yogic practice, physically, energetically and mentally. More information: www.facebook.com/obosque.estremoz
- Inversions, Headstands to handstands, Saturday September 9th 2017, information here: Workshops
- 21 Days Daily Yoga Challenge starts 2nd October to register email: email@example.com (limited numbers apply). More info: 21 Day Challenge
Happy Summer Days!
Zoe (and the Moy Team)
A quick update to let you know about the upcoming events and schedule changes at Ministry of Yoga, Lisbon.
1) Tomorrow is International Yoga Day! We are celebrating together with 108 Surya Nasmakar at Carcavelos 19:30-21:00. This is a free event come along and self practice or enjoy the sunset in company (also summer solstice, longest day of the year). Updates will be posted here: Link to Facebook Event
2) The amazing Deepa Bidd is in Lisbon (from London) offering a Forrest Yoga Workshop and 6 week course that begins NEXT WEEK! More information here: Forrest Yoga in Lisbon
Please note Deepa’s teachings at present are separate from your MOY Membership however feel free to enrol in the workshop/course if you would like to experience the unique style of Forrest Yoga. **Please note: to accommodate Deepa the Hatha class at 20:00 Wednesdays has been suspended until further notice**
3) YinYang 60min practice has been super fun and will continue as part of the regular schedule MOY schedule:
- 20:00 Monday Evenings
- 17:00 Wednesday Afternoons
4) Lastly but certainly not least, I am deeply saddened by the recent loss of many lives in Portugal due to wildfires in Predrogao Grande. Sending thoughts and prayers to those effected by the loss. In support I will be arranging donation classes in the coming weeks, keep an eye out on FaceBook for the ways in which we can help the extended community.
Keep safe, healthy and embrace your love for others,
Ganesha (image) is the god of new beginnings and a remover of obstacles (among other numerous qualities). Is it time for you to begin again? Each season, each week, each day, each breath gives us a chance to begin again.
I begin again with opening the studio today, renewed and refreshed after a wondrous trip being with family and friends.
Coming up over the next month or two:
- 21 Days of Yoga. Dedicating yourself to daily practice can bring you into a new realm physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Beginning on 8th March click HERE for more information
- Inversions. Come along and turn your practice upside-down, the 6th edition of our Inversion Workshop is now open for registrations. Date Saturday 3rd June, please contact me directly via email or phone if you have any concerns. Click the link Workshop Overview for more information.
- Timetable. As of July 2017, I will make a few changes to the class schedule, to do this I would love your feedback either via email or in person, what times/styles work or don’t work for you. I know it’s impossible to have the perfect schedule that fits everyone however it is important as a studio we look to constantly evolve and improve. As a part of the change a new class YIN YANG will commence 3rd July.
Private yoga classes with friends, colleagues and conferences are available, including the use of gift vouchers.
Lets begin again,
Love Zo x